Thursday, January 24, 2013

Interview with a Vampire

Unable to finish the book, I did enjoy the writing and the very descriptive language that the author used throughout the novel. I admittedly relate all vampire novels to the now popular and well-known movie vampire and because of this, I can see where the popular twilight series got its idea, and how this "different" type of vampire came into the picture. Reading a synopsis, I am excited to finish reading as soon as I can because of the plot twists. This book is not at all like its predecessors, and changes your mind on the vampires we know of today. Listening in class, I didn't necessarily read into the undertones of the book as everyone else did (I don't think I ever do, what the author wrote is what they meant. ). Sexual innuendos, allure to this sub-culture, grief after the loss of the authors daughter, bringing to light a new way of life, all explained to have been a relevant part of the book. I didn't think anything more of the interview then it being a great fiction novel with exciting twists and turns. Anne Rice is a unique writer, bringing intricate details and new plot to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment