Thursday, April 11, 2013

Anansi Boys

A little out of order, but still needed to be written about because... Well it was interesting. Clever, funny most of the time, a different look on the mythical gods I've always learned about. I was not able to finish reading far into the book due to senior year kicking my ass.. But I enjoyed what I did read. I have to admit I had to read a summary after to see what ended up happening, and didn't even realize the guy was black! Neil Gayman did a beautiful job at writing once again, but continues to work around details that I would think are important but really did not matter as much as I would have originally predicted. The story itself was a simple concept that was taken, twisted, and grown into what I believe to be a fabulous novel that really hit all of the right points, made me emotional, and want to continue to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment